Wednesday January 15, 2020 9Am-12PM,
@ GA Capitol Building Please RSVP.
Please join the Rx in Reach GA Coalition and patient advocates for our Capitol Day! We must continue to show our unity and determination to further amplify the voices of patients seeking better healthcare access while reducing barriers to quality healthcare delivery.
As an effective and thriving 36 member coalition, comprised of health-centered organizations, physician and patient advocacy groups; we continue to advocate for health policies and legislation that ends the financial and discriminatory barriers to securing vital medications and treatments for all Georgians.
We will meet in the Capitol Building, South Wing. I have reserved 6 tables with 3 chairs per table for groups that want to display their materials. Please let me know if you need table space to share.
We are inviting legislators and supporters to join us. Please invite your patient advocates, organization leaders, Representatives and Senators. We will acknowledge the implementation of the Step Therapy Reform law in January 2020. Please let me know any health priorities your organization is supporting in 2020 and in the 2020 legislative session.
Please RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org by January 7, 2020. Lunch will be served from 12Pm -2PM in Room 230. PLEASE notify me of:
- Number of attendees in your group and guests that will stay for lunch
- Table space required
- 2020 patient and legislative priorities
Topics and legislative priorities to include:
- Georgia New Medicaid Waivers --> See CoverGA.org for more details
- Passing Surprise Billing Legislation
- Possible Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) Bill
- January 20th Step Therapy Reform Implementation
- HB 8: Georgia Menstrual Product State Sales Tax Exemption Bill --> See the Georgia STOMP (Stop Tax on Menstrual Products) coalition factsheet on HB 8
Access event flyer here.