TOMORROW, Wednesday, April 1: Rx in Reach will Launch to Limit Specialty Tier OOP Costs!
We will launch Rx in Reach, our campaign dedicated to limiting what insurers can charge Georgia patients out-of-pocket for vital medications. Rx in Reach will advocate for legislation at the state level using traditional lobbying and communications, as well as online/social media advocacy.
We need your help to begin promoting the campaign via social media and rallying your networks to do so as well. We will officially announce the launch of Rx in Reach TOMORROW (Wednesday, April 1).
Here’s how you can help:
- - Like the Rx in Reach Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/rxinreachga). Please like the page and also encourage your networks to do so.
- - Follow the Rx in Reach Twitter account (https://twitter.com/rxinreachga) using your organization’s and/or your personal twitter handle and retweet us. Also encourage your members/networks to do so, if applicable.
- - Click to Access the Rx in Reach Twibbon (http://twibbon.com/Support/rx-in-reach-georgia). This Twibbon will increase visibility for Rx in Reach by giving you the option to add the campaign logo/hashtag on your Twitter and Facebook profiles. That way, everyone in your social network will see your support for the campaign and be able to access it.
- - Tweet and Post on Facebook about Rx in Reach (Starting Wednesday). We encourage you to use the campaign hashtag #RxinReach and include a link to http://rxinreachga.org. Below are suggested Tweets and Facebook Posts to use. (Also, please note that the website includes a comprehensive social media toolkit containing numerous infographics and more sample posts for your use.)
- - #Health insurers are discriminating against many insured #Georgians by increasing out-of-pocket costs for life-threatening and chronic conditions. Get details: http://bit.ly/1AjIDPF #RxinReach
- - What are specialty tiers & why do they matter to the health of you & your family? #RxinReach explains: http://bit.ly/1AjIDPF
- - Out-of-pocket costs are on the rise for #Georgia’s most vulnerable patients. We need a legislative solution to keep #RxinReach for insured Georgians: http://bit.ly/1A4BGi4
- - I paid my #premium but can’t afford my #meds. #Georgia needs legislation to keep #RxinReach. http://bit.ly/1A4BGi4
- - Insured #Georgians across the state are being priced out of vital meds. Support legislation to keep #RxinReach: http://bit.ly/1A4BGi4
Suggested Facebook Posts:
- - Health insurers are discriminating against many insured Georgians with life-threatening and debilitating conditions by moving their medications to “specialty tiers,” where there is no limit on the out-of-pocket costs a patient must pay. Call on legislators to take action and limit out-of-pocket costs for vital medications. http://bit.ly/1J9TgIW
- - Insurers in Georgia are using a loophole to put vital medications beyond the reach of many patients. We are urging Georgia's General Assembly to take action to limit patient out-of-pocket costs. http://bit.ly/1A4BGi4
- - Georgians pay their health insurance premiums expecting to be able to access treatment when they or someone in their family needs it. Insurer “specialty tiers” are discriminating against the Georgians who need treatment the most. We need a legislative solution! Learn more and take action! http://bit.ly/1A4BGi4
- - When a patient cannot afford treatment, he or she often stops taking medication. This lack of treatment often leads to even more problems - and burdens the already strained health care system. Read more about how Rx in Reach is trying to put a stop to this: http://bit.ly/1A4BGi4
*Any questions please contact: Dorothy at email@example.com; 404-633-5843 Thank you!